ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

LifeHacker launcher application voting and FARR Name

<< < (10/10)

s.newave:
Unfortunately i think most ppl gravitate towards things that are shiny and intuitive to use. I feel like a lot of ppl may try farr and not stick with it long enough to truly understand how powerful it is or what it can do because of its purpose driven interface/design. I know it took me about 2-3 tries to get hooked  :-* I think a few interface tweaks and perhaps a FARR Screencast series highlighting different features such as plugins, aliases, display settings etc would really go a long way. A wiki would be great for power users but again most novice users need instant gratification and immediate understanding or they will move on to the next shiny new thing.

kartal:
It is all about the defaults that come with the app. You know Farr can beat launchy or any other on  that list so easily on any day.

kartal:
Maybe someone can create "auto alias" plugin which would go through desktop and start programs and create aliases for installed shortcuts. So for newbie users that would make things faster.

Armando:
Just finished eating and took a  few minutes to post my own comment on lifehacker. Wonder if it's going to pass the, ahem, quality control filter...  ;)

tomos:
Just finished eating and took a  few minutes to post my own comment on lifehacker. Wonder if it's going to pass the, ahem, quality control filter...  ;)
-Armando (May 22, 2008, 07:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

mine doesnt seem to have - posted in the first round 1 & half days ago - no sign of it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version