ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

LifeHacker launcher application voting and FARR Name

<< < (9/10) > >>

rjbull:
yes this is true, but i think the first thing would be to have a good help file (very good ?),
but let's not forget FARR is pretty much one man's work, and it is freeware ... so i will not complain
-nitrix-ud (May 21, 2008, 01:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's easy to forget FARR is one man's work   :-[  but as Perry Mowbray points out, it now has a large community of enthusiastic users.  Much of the material on FARR is still in the forum and doesn't seem to have made it to an integrated help/tutorial, so given that nobody likes writing help files/documentation, Perry Mowbray's suggestion of a wiki makes sense.

Two things that disorient me about FARR are that some features, extra programs and aliases discussed in the forum just aren't in the release of FARR I'm using (2.00.145), and how you configure FARR also makes a difference, e.g. whether you set it to Alt-numbers or plain numbers.  Maybe two archives should be available, one bare-bones for people who just want a launcher, and one fully-loaded, like plain Total Commander vs. the Power Pack edition.

mouser:
Lots of very good suggestions -- the next big FARR release will be at the end of this month, and will be mainly focused on adding features for plugin writers, fixing lingering minor bugs, and adding a few features.  After that cycle of new features I should probably try to see what we can do to make FARR a little easier to use and configure and understand.  I will also try to finally make some tutorials on how to do advanced stuff in FARR.

Perry Mowbray:
I will also try to finally make some tutorials on how to do advanced stuff in FARR.
-mouser (May 22, 2008, 08:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Didn't I read somewhere in the FARR help something about the new format making it easier to share FARR settings?

What I'd really like to also see is a bit of a "library' where people can share (i.e. upload for other users to download) some of their settings.

mouser:
Version 2 of FARR made it very easy to make and share alias packs.

kartal:
Some youtube videos may help as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version