ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Online Game: Kingdom of Loathing

<< < (2/2)

p3lb0x:
What's even more amazing is the people that ascend each day! or every second day

allen:
Fortunately, ascension has slowed down (a tiny bit) with the advent of NS13 -- the Hardcore awards (and especially oxycore/badmoon) are really enticing, and no one is doing a 1 day oxycore or badmoon run :D

But yeah. There are some crazy power ascenders . . . but at that point, it really looks more tedius than fun (to me).

If I'm going to be using a computer analytically, I'd rather be coding -- my games are for pure stupid time.

thebaglady608:
KoL is really awesome as casual games go.  The balance between grinding and moving forward has been tweaked well.  Also, it appeals to a lot of different "gamer instincts".  Whether you like collecting items, beating the crap out of hard monsters, grinding to be the one who got the furthest down into that nasty dungeon, making money/playing the economy, or just sitting back and enjoying the fun gametext, KoL will have elements that appeal.  And there's more than enough stuff in the game to keep it fun for way past one playthrough.  I could easily beat the final boss without having gone through all the interesting (as opposed to tedious, imo) quests that are available.   :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version