topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:35 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Browser TraySwitch aids in using the internet as my hard drive  (Read 11657 times)

saintsatinstain

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Mouser, your Browser TraySwitch aids and abets me in using the internet as my hard drive. I use Mozilla Firefox, Flock, K-Meleon, Opera, and IE 7. I use Mozilla Firefox for most things including tech forums, then Flock for the several photo and social forum sites, then K-Meleon for Google page and email (I use Gmail for tech stuff because of the good search but not for personal), and the others for similar differing subjects and interests. I use two email programs, Mozilla Thunderbird my default and Windows Live Mail for Hotmail. I open my two Gmail accounts in one of the two remaining browsers. I have 14 email accounts but all except the Gmails and Hotmail are downloaded into Thunderbird. I have a house in Alabama and an apt in NYC. Comcast in Alabama and RoadRunner in NYC which explains most of my email addresses. Active accts in both; I download the email from the other wherever I am. On the road I have similar arrangement on usb drive, though only have portable Firefox, Opera, and Thunderbird. Some friends think my arrangement requires a lot of time, but because of Browser Trayswitch I check everything faster than most with only one or two email addresses or just one or two browsers.

Browser TraySwitch is a wonderful program, very useful. Thank you. There was an older browser switch program, but it wasn't as easy to use or as graceful. Thank you.
saint satin stain
Qui bibit, dormit; qui dormit, non peccat; qui non peccat, sanctus est; ergo qui bibit sanctus est.

You cannot save people, you can only love them.
       The Diary Of Anais Nin, Volume Two (1934-1939)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Re: Browser TraySwitch aids in using the internet as my hard drive
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 01:28 PM »
:) :) :)

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this.
It's one of those programs I wrote that very few people use so it's always nice to hear it's useful for someone.  :Thmbsup:

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 03:03 PM »
:) :) :)

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this.
It's one of those programs I wrote that very few people use so it's always nice to hear it's useful for someone.  :Thmbsup:

I find it very handy myself mouser :up:

My "usual" browser (FF) tends to have far too many tabs open & I use session saver so it opens with all those tabs
If it's not open I will set Opera as my default browser, if it is, I can choose to set FF as default

If my partner is using the computer I have a separate Opera install for her I can switch to -
so you could say Browser Tray Switch is my version of Log-off/Switch Users ;) (which I've never actually bothered with)
Tom

saintsatinstain

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 02:46 PM »
Browser TraySwitch is a filing tool.  I answer my email according to areas of interest and I click links in them, so your program makes it easy for the right browser to open. I open links to Facebook,  PhotoBucket, Randi Rhodes, Slate, Southern Rule, MySpace, et cetera in Flock. The tech forums like this one and WildersSecurity, BleepingComputer, Gizmos's TechSupportAlert, Computer Haven, et cetera in Firefox. All the other computers in the world are potentially in my office. BTS is a filing tool.       Most folk don't know how to use tech, or which tech to use.

I mow my yard with a push mower, cut weeds with slingblade, grind coffee beans with manual grinder, carry a mobile phone to be socially responsible (average minute use a month, 30), carry one or two books when traveling because they only require my energy, and carry my browsers and office on usb drive. When I traveled with a laptop all I did with it until I got to my destination was play solitaire and read an ebook. So I carry three usb drives (one for office, one full of security and diagnostic apps, and the third for storage) and a deck of cards - and the couple of books. Your program is an essential part of a rational use of technology.

Your program is a good program. I feel it is necessary.

saint satin stain
Qui bibit, dormit; qui dormit, non peccat; qui non peccat, sanctus est; ergo qui bibit sanctus est.

You cannot save people, you can only love them.
       The Diary Of Anais Nin, Volume Two (1934-1939)