ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

PIN-code

<< < (2/3) > >>

Veign:
I only posted my response since I didn't want to be the only one who sat through the entire video and was still lost  :) :)

edbro:
Recover lost pin? Heck, how do I recover the time I spent watching that video? That was painful and I have no idea what was going on.

czb:
The point is that humans do not remember numbers. :P So let say you have those pin codes you do not remember. You type them in the empty table on places you are able to remember (no matter if you type them verticaly, horizontaly or in one color boxes => it is up to you) and then fill up the rest by numbers such a way that every number is in the table 4 times and print it out. So that when you want to get the pin code you do not remember you take a look at the table and easily recognize where you have hidden your password (finding location is much easier then remembering of number). But if the table gets stolen thief will not be able to get anything out of the table. He will just see 40 numbers. Got it? It is actualyr realy clever idea. Right now I have 5 pincodes hidden in one table, which I do not have to remember.

I understand then typing all the numbers in the table can be... well let say dificult  :D so maybe if there you like to I can write a simple js code which would do all the filling ;)

mouser:
ok i understand now -- very low tech and simple concept, but it makes sense.
it also makes sense in terms of the difference in cognitive difficulty of recognition (easy) vs. recall (hard) -- that is, its relatively easy to *recognize* your pin when you see it, even if its mixed in with a lot of noise, vs. trying to just recall it from memory without any cues.

maybe if there you like to I can write a simple js code which would do all the filling
--- End quote ---
i dont think thats necessary -- the pdf should be sufficient for everyone.

Deozaan:
It's scientifically proven/accepted that humans remember a sequence of somewhere between 7-10 "things" (numbers, words, etc.) so a 4 digit PIN shouldn't be that hard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version