ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Quick plugin question

(1/2) > >>

s.newave:
Im really loving the Locate plugin which i have setup to activate by simply typing "l <search term>". What im wondering is how i can create another command such as "ld" that would act as if i had typed "l -ld" to search only for dirs. This way if i wanted to search for files i would type "l <file search>" and would type "ld <folder search>" if looking for a dir. Is there a way to do this without duplicating the plugin and renaming it which seems a bit ugly  :tellme:

lanux128:
check this post by Armando. it's quite similar to what you want.

mouser:
What you want to do is pretty easy using the special alias command called "dosearch"

basically, you can create a new alias with a regex pattern like:
ld (.*)

and for results put
dosearch l -ld $$1

that basically says that whenever you type "ld SOMETHING" it will be treated as if you had typed "l -ld SOMETHING"

lanux128:
What you want to do is pretty easy using the special alias command called "dosearch"

basically, you can create a new alias with a regex pattern like:
ld (.*)

and for results put
dosearch l -ld $$1

that basically says that whenever you type "ld SOMETHING" it will be treated as if you had typed "l -ld SOMETHING"-mouser (May 12, 2008, 11:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

good call, mouser! :Thmbsup:i keep forgetting about the dosearch/restartsearch command.

s.newave:
Wow thanks for the quick reponse!

Told you it was a quick question  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version