ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Warning: Fresh Windows XP SP2 install does not get along with SP3 update

<< < (2/2)

armatostr:
I had the same problem yesterday, made a clean install of xp sp2, downloaded sp3 from the microsoft download center  so i could use it any other time, after I installed it I tried to update ie and everything else and got that error, so installed win again, installed everything that was necesary to make windows update work (those activex controllers, and windows installer 3.1 I think, etc).

I went to the download center,  downloaded and installed .net 1.1, .net 2, ie7 and wmp11 manually but didn't update them (to test win update later) and then  installed sp3 again.

With that done I started windows update and it worked as normal and I don't have this problem:

Someone else says that manual installs work. But they still show up as needing to be installed in Windows Update.
-Deozaan (May 11, 2008, 04:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

:)

Deozaan:
Just an update: Downloading the SP3 ISO and installing it that way did the trick. Everything installed properly and extra Windows Updates work. Everything seems in order.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version