ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why is all audio on websites so freakin loud?!

(1/3) > >>

superboyac:
Why is the audio on websites so loud all the time?  It's always loud, and I'm not talking just a little too loud.  It's more like it's 5 times the volume of what anyone could possibly want.  And it has nothing to do with your local audio settings because that is always set to what you prefer to hear.  Even if you have your local settings to pretty low volume, the website audio is super loud.  Like on youtube, the comfortable setting for me with my local audio settings is with the youtube slider at about 5% with the rare exception.  All flash videos and audio playing embedded on websites are ridiculously loud.  Anything on myspace is crazy loud.

I use IndieVolume to deal with it, but why the hell does it have to be so loud in the first place.  Possibly the most annoying thing about the web.

kimmchii:
to get your attention.  ;D

f0dder:
Range compression <3... or not >_<.

Fred Nerd:
My question is: Why do they play those audio ads on some sites where you can neither turn off the sound or even turn it down. The only thing I can do is mute the system until I navigate away. Which really annoys me if I listening to music.

Does anyone know how to mute Firefox?

At least YouTube and Myspace let you turn down the sound easily enough

Deozaan:
Got a link to application that lets you adjust volume on a per-application basis?

I really liked that about Vista.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version