ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Ashampoo Office 3 -- discounted to $29.95, if you know where to look

<< < (3/4) > >>

Grorgy:
looks like they are the magazine versions, so probably no upgrades or anything like that with them, but the price is sure right  ;)

TomColvin:
In an exchange of emails with Ashampoo, I was told the Office discount is for a limited time only.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly how Ashampoo works.  I'm guessing it is merely a reseller of products that it can rebrand.  Do they do any development themselves?

A visit to the SoftMaker homepage, the actual developer for the Office suite and its TextMaker component, gives excellent background about the company, a full product brochure and even a user's manual.  Part of me would prefer to download and purchase the program from SoftMaker, but it does not offer discounts [except to academics], and the full price costs $10 more than the full price at Ashampoo -- $69, rather than $59, tho the SoftMaker version does include a scripting component.

I also wish it was possible to buy only the TextMaker component, rather than the full suite -- of course at a very low price.

Curt:
- I think you should go for the Softmaker original, because it will be updated much more often than Ashampoo's version.

---

I sympathize a lot with iphigenie's loss. What a horrible feeling it must be!  :(

---

I have only little doubt that Ashampoo writes most of their stuff themselves.

tomos:
- I think you should go for the Softmaker original, because it will be updated much more often than Ashampoo's version.
-Curt (May 10, 2008, 06:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

as far as I know you can use the softmaker updates - I've done it once at any rate - but you have to go find them (as you say ashampoo doesnt update so often as the original)

I think it's okay to pass on this Ashampoo link (?)
Name the price! - You name the price!

[of course there's no guarantee they'll accept your price but we could see who get's what cheapest :D ]

Curt:
I have this feeling that Ashampoo is hoping you will make an offer on one of their older programs...

Well, I offered $15 for the new $50 Uninstaller 3, and had to wait some days to receive their apology for not accepting my offer, (they know I have purchased ALL of their other programs, but NONE at full price). It was not possible for me to throw in my Yiggles, and I didn't have the patience to try $16, $17 etcetera, so my next bid was $20 which was accepted at once by the site's computer. [Edited: This deal gave me 400 Yiggles, so now I have 4.385 Yiggles, but for what?]  I guess each deal has some pre-formulated lowest-price, but it may not be the same price you can get.

--

I *think* I once asked SoftMaker about updating my Ashampoo Office at their site and was told they would have nothing to do with it; it was not their product. But tomos is making me wonder if I remember correctly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version