ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Super lite PIM? Address book?

<< < (3/5) > >>

sabot7726:
Evernote seems like it could be cool for me to utilize personally but not as something I could use in my workplace since the norm is still ie6 which is currently unsupported.

I definitely love how it can search on the fly as I type, that's a huge thing I'm looking for.

All these programs, even the tiny contactsexpress are too feature rich for what I was originally looking for. I should have named this thread "Looking for super duper tiny Lite basic version PIM?" :p

I was hoping there was a program that pops up with a hotkey, has a simple query search box and displays lines from a pre-existing file that match whatever you type. Then I could open the file, copy paste from all the data sources into it, make sure there's 1 entry per line and call 'er good.

I'll probably end up hiring someone to make a tiny custom app to accomplish my goal, wonder if this would be easier as a web application rather than a standalone desktop app? Sorry for the random way my brain works :p

sri:
Can you please exlplain what you mean by IE6 and EverNote not working together? Which ver of EverNote are you talking about? EN is the perfect s/w for you.

rjbull:
I've been daydreaming of a simple, yet extremely efficient application that can allow me to put all this info at my fingertips but so far all the PIM and Address book software I've been trying out are *way* too overpowered for what I'm looking for.
-sabot7726 (May 08, 2008, 05:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Have you looked at AZZ Cardfile?  Cheap: only $19 for a personal license.

The last free version, 1.6, is available here, though I don't know the bona fides of this page.

sabot7726:
When I loaded the newest version it said it needed firefox or ie7, and that ie6 was not supported.

allen:
You talking about the web based version, or does the downloadable windows client also have the IE dependency? While the web based will certainly be handy, I think the windows client will best suit your needs with live find as you type and better hotkey support.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version