ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Winamp 5.53 Release

<< < (7/7)

Deozaan:
I think I have a copy of WinAmp 2.81 LITE that I've held on to for all these years for many of the same reasons as mentioned earlier.

It's installed and in use right now.  :)

Josh:
Deozaan: You should try v5. You can install only the parts you want and it runs just as fast as 2.x

Deozaan:
Deozaan: You should try v5. You can install only the parts you want and it runs just as fast as 2.x
-Josh (May 17, 2008, 01:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure I have tried a few of the v5 editions. Too much stuff for my basic needs, even with minimal install.

I used MM3 and think it's probably the most feature-complete player, but then I realized that I was allocating ~250MB of memory to play music... not nice.

Now I use a super-simple winamp 5.53 with nothing but the basics. It uses ~40Mb when minimized on tray.
-urlwolf (May 08, 2008, 02:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Like I said, I have WinAmp 2.81 LITE installed and running and it's currently playing music, displayed on my desktop, taking up less than 4MB -- Probably about the same size as the song that's currently playing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version