ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Winamp 5.53 Release

<< < (5/7) > >>

sri:
Thank You very much nosh. Functional and unobtrusive, I like it. We can access winamp options from it as well. I've removed winamp's icon from taskbar and tray.

urlwolf:
I used MM3 and think it's probably the most feature-complete player, but then I realized that I was allocating ~250MB of memory to play music... not nice.

Now I use a super-simple winamp 5.53 with nothing but the basics. It uses ~40Mb when minimized on tray.
-urlwolf (May 08, 2008, 02:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

o_O, what kind of music library do you have?
-Lashiec (May 09, 2008, 12:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just 40.000 songs. With musicIP tags, which may make it bigger. I'm reporting physical + virtual memory here. Some players release memory when in the tray (foobar, winamp), others not (MusicIP, MM).

J-Mac:
Just 40.000 songs. With musicIP tags, which may make it bigger. I'm reporting physical + virtual memory here. Some players release memory when in the tray (foobar, winamp), others not (MusicIP, MM).
-urlwolf (May 09, 2008, 01:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wow - that would be why I am not seeing that kind of memory hit with MM3!  I only have about 3,000 songs in it!

Jim

mahesh2k:
Hey i forgot to ask.. :o Windows Media Player have the feature of Auto-Crossfading song when one song ends it fades to another and we can set the seconds for it...is there any settings in Winamp? Also is there any plugin that does this job...i'm not asking for DJ-Deck thing...but like windows media player like feature...

jgpaiva:
mahesh2k: check the "equalizer" on winamp, there should be an option there for cross-fade ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version