ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Your fav' audio CD burner?

<< < (8/11) > >>

Target:
Can it be that some (cheap) Compact Discs don't support CD-TEXT ??
- they were tagged as being "for audio", but "music" was not mentioned...
-Curt (May 12, 2008, 03:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

while not all discs are not created equal, they should all 'take' CD Text

Note also that not all players are CD Text capable

and FWIW, an old favourite of mine is BurnAtOnce - it's fairly old and development has stopped, but it works a treat (hint - check the context menus for extra functionality)

Target

MrCrispy:
Anyone posting on these forums is in my book an expert user and knowledgeable enough to figure out most any program. So its ok to recommend a bunch of small efficient programs. But what the normal user?

What do I get for my girlfriend or parents? They want to do all the usual stuff - burn discs, rip movies and music, make photo dvd's and albums etc. Roxio/Nero suites are designed for people like them. But should I tell them to install these bloated monstrosities on their pc (which is not as fast or recent as mine anyway)?

Target:
They want to do all the usual stuff - burn discs, rip movies and music, make photo dvd's and albums etc.
-MrCrispy (May 13, 2008, 01:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

all these tasks are achievable, but it follows that they must develop some expertise just like the rest of us (otherwise they will just be getting you to do it for them :'()

tomos:
What do I get for my girlfriend or parents? They want to do all the usual stuff - burn discs, rip movies and music, make photo dvd's and albums etc. Roxio/Nero suites are designed for people like them. But should I tell them to install these bloated monstrosities on their pc (which is not as fast or recent as mine anyway)?
-MrCrispy (May 13, 2008, 01:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

I would have said Ashampoo in terms of ease of use but also I'm not sure can it do all you want
and this from Carol -

I know this isn't audio related but I have started using Nero 7 again having had a lot of problems with coasters from Dual Layer DVDs. Nero seems to burn them consistently whereas I have had a few issues with ImgBurn and AShampoo Burning Suite.

Having said that I was very selective on how I reinstalled Nero - just the BurningROM and a few associated tools - none of the video stuff.
-Carol Haynes (May 06, 2008, 07:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

there's surely other canditates?
CDBurnerXP ?  I dont use it cause I could never get multisession to work properly but if I remember correctly the new version is easy to use (& free, but again I'm not sure how much it does..)
http://cdburnerxp.se/

lanux128:
I have never before heard about Infra Recorder http://infrarecorder.sourceforge.net/
- I will have to check this one out as well!-Curt (May 06, 2008, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

then it's time to check out my mini-review here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=8140.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version