ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Your fav' audio CD burner?

<< < (7/11) > >>

J-Mac:
Gothic,

Originally Nero Burning ROM and Roxio Easy CD Creator were exclusively for CD burning.  While they could burn data CD's, they were designed around burning ripped audio CD's and downloaded music.

Of course that was before DVD's were around -- or at least popular.

Jim

bassclarinetl2:

So my question to 'you' is:
What do you use to burn audio CDs that will show all proper info?  (see attachment in previous post) (see attachment in previous post)
- name your fav's, forum!  :tellme:
-Curt (May 06, 2008, 03:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Winamp.  I use it to play my media so naturally I burn Cds from it too.  Also Nero 8.  I havent had any problems with burning the CD-Text to it.

Target:
short answer is that there are as many choices as there are posters - they should all do audio CD's anyway's, ie given the plethora of highly capable freeware apps that do this there doesn't appear to be any compelling reason to purchase an app to do this...

can you clarify you're metadata requirements please?  i was of the understanding that audio CD's don't carry any metadata (ala MP3, OGG, WMA, etc).  They can include CD TEXT, which is what you see on the display of your CD player. 

Likewise, file naming convention on all audio CD's that I've seen are in the format TRACK1.CDA, TRACK2.CDA, etc (this is done by the software when you write the CD) 

Target

Curt:
Thanks for explaining, Target.

Can it be that some (cheap) Compact Discs don't support CD-TEXT ??
- they were tagged as being "for audio", but "music" was not mentioned...

Edvard:
More info about CD Text here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-Text
as well as a nice list of capable burning software.

Sounds like what you need to do is enter the CD-Text info yourself before making the disk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version