ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Your fav' audio CD burner?

<< < (9/11) > >>

Curt:
@ Babis - thanks for telling about pros and cons.

...as a Audio CD Ripper, I think EAC does better job (more complicated though)-Babis (May 08, 2008, 04:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was trying out this EAC, but it never detected my CD disc. The drive but not the disc. Seems many would-be-users are having trouble with ASPI and IMAPI ?? I tried various fixes from the forum, but to no avail. I might though have a look at it again, if ever it passes the beta level.

--

@ linux128 - thanks for the link to your fine mini review.  :up:

However, I will not have cygwin on this unstable PC of mine; too many probs in the past!

Lashiec:
Personally, I would not use Exact Audio Copy for audio burning, it's been said that its burner it's probably the most accurate when it comes to replicate an audio CD from ripped tracks (save Feurio), but we are talking about burning loose songs from YouTube videos :D. That's its main selling point as an audio burner, but unfortunately compatibility offsets this advantage.

What Exact Audio Copy does best (save dbPowerAmp, and maybe PerfectRip) it's ripping audio CDs, for the rest, try the other suggestions.

simakuutio:
I'm actually bit late with this one but better late than never....

I have one burner I have been using (as proud registered user of course) and which one I can recommend without
any doubt. It's MagicISO (http://www.magiciso.com) and it's very powerful modern burner. Because nowadays I'll keep burning less and less, I'm using MagicISO to browse those images... for that, it's _brilliant_.

Music_Guy:
I had trouble with a few CD burning softwares that tried burning music but always ended up having a few songs skipping when the CD wasn't scratched, or song songs didn't even play. Since I switched to 'Roxio', I'm a happy man, and I get to listen to all the music on a CD every time with no type of skipping that makes you want to throw your player out a window.

J-Mac:
I had trouble with a few CD burning softwares that tried burning music but always ended up having a few songs skipping when the CD wasn't scratched, or song songs didn't even play. Since I switched to 'Roxio', I'm a happy man, and I get to listen to all the music on a CD every time with no type of skipping that makes you want to throw your player out a window.
-Music_Guy (December 03, 2008, 11:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 was the last version I purchased. Maybe it's just me, but I felt that it had caught the "Nero Bloat and Invasive Components" disease. I didn't like the "Drag to Disk" feature, but even though I disabled it a number of times it always found a way to suddenly appear on my desktop again unexpectedly.

Roxio had just added too many modules, a la Nero Ultra, IMO. Rather than stick with their main expertise, their base programs, they decided that all of their users needed to have an all-encompassing suite, including photo organization and editing. I don’t want Roxio or Nero to do that - I already have much better tools. But like Nero, Roxio tries to grab the file association for every type of media file on your box.

I had Roxio EMC8 and Nero Ultra 7 and ended up removing both and going back to basics, with several smaller, specialized applications.

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version