topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 25, 2024, 5:32 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How to preview a new Thunderbird Theme as you make it?  (Read 723 times)

BGM

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • bgmCoder DC
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
How to preview a new Thunderbird Theme as you make it?
« on: January 17, 2024, 07:30 PM »
Thunderbird 115 Supernova uses a really simple method of creating themes.  You basically put tags and color codes into a json file and zip it up. 

Now, I know how to edit the code and set the colours and I know how to make my own custom themes.
However, my question is:
Is there a way to change the colours "live" so you can actually see what they look like?
So far the only thing I can do is guess what it will look like, edit the code, zip the extension and install it and then enable it.  Blech.

I look at the Browser toolbox, but can't find any way to locate the actual elements that I can actually style.
Here's is a json manifest sample with the simple code: https://developer.th...web-extension-themes
Maybe you can actually do what I want with the Browser Toolbox, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

I've googled the world and can't find any answers.
Waaaah! I just wanna adjust the code in the interface and see what it looks like!  Is there no way to preview what you are doing?

So, I come here, hoping somebody might be listening.