ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Registry hack needed: Full date in the tray clock

<< < (4/7) > >>

stewcam:
Have tried the above mentioned but a better solution is 1st clock from:

http://www.1stclock.com

Sadly it is not freeware and arguably quite pricey for a relatively minor desktop refinement.

mouser:
I tried and liked 1st clock as well, and mentioned it in my thread here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=11562.0

It was the only other tray clock i found which supported winx64 until i found the free and great t-clock.

Deozaan:
Until I stumbled upon t-clock which is free and was upgraded to Win64bit compatibility and is now maintained by stoic joker, who hangs out here at the DC forums.  It works perfectly and I love it :)
-mouser (May 05, 2008, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

That link doesn't work.

superboyac:
Super, how does BetaClock (now Freeware) relate to AlfaClock Free in features? The latest BetaClock install file is ~42% the size of that of AlfaClock 1.99 (on download.com; shows 1.90 on alfaclock.com), but that does not necessarily mean anything... BetaClock may just be "leaner & meaner".
-Loonier (May 16, 2008, 09:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is a strange story, let me explain:

BetaClock used to be called AlphaClock and was always free.  Then someone apparently ripped it off and made AlfaClock which was shareware.  As you can see it was really confusing to try to find the original and what was actually going on.  You couldn't tell if the shareware was the true version or the free one was the true version, or even if maybe they were all by the same author.  Anyway, so the original guy renamed his Betaclock and it is still free (and the best).  Alfaclock is still around, but I would consider it a ripoff.

The unfortunate thing is that the Betaclock author has the most minimalist webpage, I think it just has a link to the program and that's it.

I looked around pretty intensely for clock software and I think Betaclock is the best, hands down.

tomos:
Until I stumbled upon t-clock which is free and was upgraded to Win64bit compatibility and is now maintained by stoic joker, who hangs out here at the DC forums.  It works perfectly and I love it :)
-mouser (May 05, 2008, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

That link doesn't work.
-Deozaan (May 16, 2008, 09:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

it worked last night so must be a problem with site

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version