ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Registry hack needed: Full date in the tray clock

<< < (2/7) > >>

Daleus:
Darn that mouser and his fast fingers.

I second tclock.

Edvard:
Fair enough, T-Clock it is.

Stoic's got some DC credits flowing his way, methinks.

superboyac:
I would argue that BetaClock is better.  I think it is more flexible, includes a flexible popup calendar, and has been updated recently more often.  The website has been completely stripped down, but the program is the best.  I'm ashamed to admit that I once spend several weeks looking for the best system tray clock utility, and I settled on Betaclock because it was perfect.

Edvard:
Thanks for the suggestion Super, I'll check that out as well, though my original intent was that I needed to see the full date without constantly hovering my systray notification area or installing yet another thingamabob cluttering my desktop.

superboyac:
Thanks for the suggestion Super, I'll check that out as well, though my original intent was that I needed to see the full date without constantly hovering my systray notification area or installing yet another thingamabob cluttering my desktop.
-Edvard (May 05, 2008, 05:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
The calendar pops up on a mouse-click (one or two-click depending on how you set it up).  You can do really fancy things with the display.  I wanted to be able to see seconds, hours, minutes, full date, weekday name.

By the way, see the way I have the time in green and slightly different font?  That's a little trick that most people wouldn't be able to do from first glance! :Thmbsup:

FYI, when I single-click on the clock, this calendar pops-up (if I double-click, I open up the settings dialog):

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version