ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Batch image resizing, dimensions fixed, quality dependant on eventual file size?

<< < (2/3) > >>

housetier:
IIRC, IrfanView can also do batch processing, as can the gimp and Imagemagick's convert. The latter two are FOSS.

4wd:
PictureScaler seems to have all the features you asked for.

Among them:

* Specify the new width or height of the images (even according to longest/shortest edge which is handy when you are scaling portrait and landscape images at the same time)
* Set the target file size when saving JPEGs

This seems to be their new WWW site.  Q-Technologies

Google is your friend  :D

suleika:
PictureScaler seems to have all the features you asked for.
-4wd (May 03, 2008, 07:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's looking good - I shall give it a trial.  Thank you. 

(Now wondering what my search terms were when I didn't previously find it myself... :-[)

4wd:
It's looking good - I shall give it a trial.  Thank you. 

--- End quote ---

Had a play with it, the resizing works however rotating is disabled in the trial and specifying a size for the final JPEG is ghosted - so I can only assume it's disabled in the trial version.

BTW, only just noticed the author only lives 20k or so from me.

EDIT: It requires Quicktime to be installed to do it's 'final size' thing, (I used QT Alt 1.77 that I had), and it seems to work quite well, all pics had a short side of 1000 and came in about 10k under the 200kB I specified as final size.

It imprints a www site link along the bottom of the longest side, (trial version) - reasonably unobtrusive depending on final pic size.

suleika:
Had a play with it, the resizing works however rotating is disabled in the trial and specifying a size for the final JPEG is ghosted - so I can only assume it's disabled in the trial version.

EDIT: It requires Quicktime to be installed to do it's 'final size' thing, (I used QT Alt 1.77 that I had), and it seems to work quite well, all pics had a short side of 1000 and came in about 10k under the 200kB I specified as final size.
-4wd (May 03, 2008, 07:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Funny - my "target file size" isn't greyed out, but when I set it at 1000KB the results ranged from 440KB to 970KB  - maximum size perhaps?  I do have Quicktime as it happens (btw, I couldn't find the info about Quicktime and there seems to be no helpfile). 

I had another better google session and found some other resources - I've just tried JpegResizer - created a batch between 820KB and 1040 - that's pretty good.  I shall probably go for it. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version