ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

customize the 'save as' dialog box

(1/1)

kalos:
hello

is there a way to customize the 'save as' dialog box?

for example, at the left there is a list of some default folders and I would like this to be dynamic, to show the last used (recent) folders

is there a file manager that has customized 'save as' dialog boxes to replace explorer or any other way?

thanks

jgpaiva:
I believe you're looking for something like FileBox Extender.
Those are called "dialog extenders". There's even a review right here on DC about it:
Check it out here.

nogojoe:
-kalos (May 02, 2008, 08:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi

on today at
http://lifehacker.com/

XNeat Boosts "Save As" Options for Document Wrangling
Windows only: Free customization utility XNeat adds a few unique functions to the rich library of tweaking utilities, and some might become must-installs for Windows power-users. The most notable are the additions to the standard "Save As" dialog: an option to create a numbered "clone" file when you're about to save over an existing document (i.e. "Paper(1).doc"), and a time-stamping utility that adds numbered dates to filenames automatically. XNeat also lets you enable drag-and-drop taskbar re-ordering, giving you your preference of left-to-right app layout, and a full set of windows management tools, including transparency and system tray docking. XNeat is a free download for Windows XP and Vista only.
Xneat [via FreewareGenius.com]

The two “save as“ add ons are handy maybe not quite you want.
nogojoe

lanux128:
Xneat sounds neat but i had run into a problem which i mentioned here previously. i wonder if that behaviour is gone.

edit: @kalos: check out this thread also for more ideas. Revisiting (XfilesDialog, File-Ex, Direct Folders).

kimmchii:
for xp you can use powertoy, it lets you customize the folders.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version