ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Timer - closed

<< < (13/26) > >>

kartal:
I am having a small issue with presets and "in". It seems like if you use "in" as definition preset renders useless because it tries to save a spesific time rather than a countdown?

czb:
Yes you are right. The same is with at. It also saves as "on". I will try to fix it.

So I took a look at it and found out that it will not be that easy. Right now you can edit presetalarms.txt by yourself and add "in" or "at" and it will work.

In the plugin there is only one option right now how to add preset and it is by selecting an existing alarm. I do not think I can modify this to work with "in" and "at" but I can add option to "p" to add preset and there would be option to add "in" "on" "at". What do you think about this?

Or one could also add preset by typing f.e. ":p:" anywhere in the text (example: tm in 20 school :p: is fine) and if it finds :p:, it would add it to alarm + preset. Or there can be even other options how to add preset alarm. Just give me some hints how to implement it ;)

kartal:
Well I am fine with any solution that is not a hassle like editing a text file. Maybe we can have seperate presets for countdowns.

Overall the way I see is that unless it is stated timer should act as an alarm or coundown timer. That would decrease amount of parameters that one needs to remember or type. This may sound little too weird but I use if not hundreds tens of softwares everyday with many different variety so to me consistency and speed is very important. For example I know it is not your fault but I hate the "." it is just not a consistent software behaviour, just to finalize the timer. I love "tab" and that should be the standard behaviour for any function within Farr.

That is just me thou. Everyone has different needs.

czb:
Soon there will be an option for finalizing timer. What do you mean by "tab" do you want to have timer finalized by tab? I thought "enter" would be better option.

I think I will implement it this way because this is the simplest possible way :) :
Or one could also add preset by typing f.e. ":p:" anywhere in the text (example: tm in 20 school :p: is fine) and if it finds :p:, it would add it to alarm + preset.
--- End quote ---

kartal:
"enter " is better than "." definetely.

Your implementation sounds good as well. As I said it is already well thought plugin :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version