ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Timer - closed

<< < (6/26) > >>

czb:
Well you can just archive it :) Archive is like stopping (the time of todo is set as ( actual time -1 ), so it will NOT alert you anymore) the timer and putting it into the bin ;)

EDIT: maybe I should modify name "archive" into "stop and archive" to be more precise. What do you think?

CWuestefeld:
Boy, you really don't want to do a Delete, do you?  :o

czb:
I will, I just do not have time for it right now.. but it is in my todo list ;)

mouser:
Boy, you really don't want to do a Delete, do you?
--- End quote ---

;D

Actually i think i understand now a bit more about why he doesnt want to make a delete, because Archive serves no purpose other than to record a log of items.

So when you "archive" something you are really just deleting it (and putting it into the log (archive)).

I think the term archive made me think we could bring back timers from the archive, like if we created a 10 minute egg alarm, and then archived it, we could recreate it from the archive easily.  In other words i thought the archive was more like a template.

If you keep functionality the way it is now, maybe i would suggest changing "archive" to "log".
And in the log put a note next to each alarm about whether it was [CANCELED].

And then i still say change from A) Archive to C) cancel.
(in other words you dont need to create a new delete function, you just have to rename the Archive function to Delete or Cancel, since it serves the same purpose).

czb:
I will rename A) Archive to D) Delete and on the main menu Archive in to Log. What do you think about it? Just a remark that every outdated alert (after alerting) goes also to archive (log)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version