ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FastExplorer: Create your own Context Menu Items (Freeware)

(1/7) > >>

mouser:
Well.. This free utility is almost exactly what was planned for the program ContextMenu Commander, which I actually anticipated working on this summer.

The idea is to provide a generic customizable shell extension utility where users can create their own shell context menu items.

Looks extremely promising and they even have a 64bit version and a dll that developers can use.  And the license allows free commercial use.

Very impressive.

This handy utility allows you to manage context menus items of file objects displayed in a file manager like Windows Explorer or any other application that deals with shell's application programming interface. It's a very simple way to make your often used file actions quickly accessible.

With Fast Explorer you can create new context menu items, submenus (cascaded menus), dividers, and optionally specify menu bitmaps and hint text.

For an ultimate control over dynamic context menu items added from within Fast Explorer you can define your own look & feel using the custom-drawing feature.

--- End quote ---

http://thesoftpro.tripod.com/downloads/fe/index.htm

from lanux128 post

PhilB66:
Extremely useful tool. Quite a few Nirsoft utilities do similar stuff. Was discussed before.

PhilB66:
Well.. This free utility is almost exactly what was planned for the program ContextMenu Commander, which I actually anticipated working on this summer.
-mouser (May 01, 2008, 01:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Does that mean you aren't gonna work on ContextMenu Commander?

mouser:
I must have forgotten is from that post.

Believe it or not i had actually recently done some planning for ContextMenu Commander and found all the pieces i needed.  But the latest version of FastExplorer does 90% of what ContextMenu Commander was supposed to do, and it seems to be under active development by nice people.  So there is a very good chance that ContextMenu commander will now be abandoned.  I hope the author will stop by here and maybe people can give him suggestions and requests.

mouser:
I've written about this before.. It's a very strange sad feeling as a programmer when you find that someone else has coded a program you wanted to write, and done a good job, leaving you with no real reason to write your program, but still the lingering urge to do so.   But with so many program ideas floating around, it just seems a waste to write something that already exists.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version