ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Fred Langa bows our (and bikes off in to the wide blue yonder ...)

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
I've been neck deep in chess play for the past year and it's been a healthy distraction for my brain.
--- End quote ---

For people who might not believe zaine about this, what he forgot to mention is who is has been playing chess against:

And here is the board they have been using:

There is also this page of the real girls of the chess world.  Warning to geeks: You will fall in love and have your heart broken a hundred times over if you visit this page, so please be careful and think twice if you want to click this link.

Carol Haynes:
I wanted to make some feminist comment but what the hell .... ROFLMAO!

cranioscopical:
I wanted to make some feminist comment but what the hell .... ROFLMAO!
-Carol Haynes (May 02, 2008, 09:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Didn't want to be the White Knight?   :)

zridling:
Hey, you know what they say: Smart women are the sexiest ones!

georgeDC:
Fred's newsletter was my teacher from the beginning when I bought a PC with XP. But after several years subscribing I realized it was so interesting that I had gotten so involved in the computER + systems that I didn't have time for computING (availing the whole of internetting and time-consuming graphics), which was my original goal; then began glossing over the newsletters to the point where I actually stopped reading the final months of my last subscription's issues. It was worth the money just for access to the archives though.

I will miss his stuff like if you lose an old friend you haven't seen for years but took for granted would be around.

P.S. I haven't played any chess in awhile either but I think I might get out the old board and update the pieces. I remember the days when chess pieces were called "chess men" ( as in "he captured my man") -- I know I will like playing with women much better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version