ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Idea: Insert System Date From Context Menu

<< < (2/7) > >>

Geminate:

No the context menu is not hard and thank you for your response.

Please refrain from commenting if you cannot be of any aid in giving me a solution for my idea.  I know exactly what I want, and I don't want anything different.  I have a macro keyboard, I can program a key to insert the date - I don't want that.  I want to insert the date with the mouse, from a context menu, wherever text would be input.  Thanks for previous suggestions but it is like trying to sell me a bicycle when what I am looking for is a car.   :)

nogojoe:

Please refrain from commenting if you cannot be of any aid in giving me a solution for my idea.  I know exactly what I want, and I don't want anything different.  I have a macro keyboard, I can program a key to insert the date - I don't want that.  I want to insert the date with the mouse, from a context menu, wherever text would be input.  Thanks for previous suggestions but it is like trying to sell me a bicycle when what I am looking for is a car.   :)
-Geminate (April 26, 2008, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Have you tried a Google search for context menu add item

You may have to do a registry hack though .

Carol Haynes:
-Geminate (April 26, 2008, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

If it isn't hard why do you need help?

Sorry but since most right click context menus are specific to the application they pop up in how can you add an option to all of them globally.

It is easy to do in some applications but for others/most it would mean recoding the application or at the very least writing some sort of macro within programs that support macros (such as MS Office) to add the functionality ???

Please refrain from commenting if you cannot be of any aid in giving me a solution for my idea.

--- End quote ---

Bit of a rude response to someone who was trying to help you! Can you keep comments civil around here please.

PhilB66:
@Geminate

Have a look at "Simplest way to add a command to Explorer's shell menu" thread and "Create a containing folder by right clicking on a file" thread for ideas.

sri:
I type now` and PhraseExpress expands it to today's date like this -> 04/27/2008

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version