ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

My New website ...

<< < (4/5) > >>

icekin:
The website seems simple and to the point, which is the way most customers would like it. Wasn't too sure about the point of the intro splash page with the sheep, but I'm glad at least its not another lame flash movie intro that suddenly plays music.

I assume the purpose of this site at this point is to merely inform and provide a point of contact rather than act as an online service with support tickets and so on. Maybe that would be a future step, but its good to plan a site with future expansion in mind. Is the whole site just done is old fashioned HTML or does it use a CMS?

Carol Haynes:
Thanks Perry - I did use an img tag modification in the end but I seemed to try it numerous times without it working. Maybe it is a cache thing.

It is just in HTML - so few pages to start with meant that CMS was a bit overkill.

I am however working on a PHP/MySQL layout for the future as it will make adding/editing products/more detailed service descriptions/news items and possibly a recommendations page easier to maintain. Whatever I use I want it to be simple.

Thanks nudone for spotting the 'banner' issue - I will change that. AdMuncher doesn't seem to object on my system so it is hard for me to spot things like that. Can you check it again and see if it is fixed (don't forget to refresh the page with shift F5 in IE or FF).

PhilB66:
A few comments...

1. Directory listing should be blocked.

2. I personally find the "click on image to enter" pages annoying. Also, the animated gifs on the second page (your actual home page) do not match the style (btw, did you check copyright issues?).

sri:
The circle graphic in the homepage: Systems and Training text should be inverted for better readability.

Carol Haynes:
OK I get the message on click to enter ... gone.

Yes I have the rights to use the images.

.htaccess now set to stop directory listings (I think!)

I have set .htaccess in my server root directory to:

--- ---Options -Indexes
DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php

## PROTECT FILES ###
<FilesMatch "\.(htaccess|htpasswd|ini|phps|fla|psd|log|sh)$">
  Order Allow,Deny
  Deny from all
</FilesMatch>
Does that look about right? I am not too experienced with .htaccess files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version