ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Total Commander 7.03 for Windows released!

<< < (3/6) > >>

city_zen:
- Shift (or Alt) + LMB drag -> move,
- LMB drag + quick RMB -> move,
- Ctrl + Shift + LMB drag -> Create shortcut,
- Shift + RMB drag -> drag menu -> Copy, Move, Create Shortcut, Cancel and associated app menu (ex. WinRAR)
-fenixproductions (November 08, 2008, 06:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wow! Thanks fenixproductions! I knew about the first three, but not the (very useful) fourth one  :Thmbsup:

y0himba:
I am not too impressed with Total Commander, although I know many people swear by it.  I use Speed Commander or Free Commander.  I purchased Speed Commander before Free Commander came out, but they are almost the same, Speed Commander is more reliable and complete.

Total Commander for PocketPC is incredible.

Speed Commander (Shareware):  http://www.speedproject.de/enu/speedcommander/index.html
Free Commander (Freeware):  http://www.freecommander.com/

Darwin:
I'd love to buy SpeedCommander (I loved it when I ran a trial last year) but it is SOOOOOO expensive... Not the most expensive file manager out there, but close!

superboyac:
The reason why people swear by Total Commander is the following:
--Really cheap with lifetime upgrades/updates/etc.
--flexible license, you can use it anywhere (work, home, both)
--Fast!!  It's simple and super fast.

It is a tad quirky, so if you're looking for more normal file managers, then you move on to something else.  I moved on to DOpus.  I wouldn't necessarily go to SpeedCommander, it's not worth it.  I'd go to XYPlorer and DOpus before SPeedCommander.

fenixproductions:
2superboyac
You're right about these reasons but there are more of them. For me: plugins and keyboard oriented work are the most important features.

BTW What do you mean by "normal"?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version