ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

title bar shortcuts

<< < (2/3) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
mainly as some programs i use dont have menu's there just a title bar, would be handy to have a menu there so can load notepad or something else quickly
-Earthcoder (April 23, 2008, 05:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's not what was originally asked for...but then again FileBoxExtender doesn't add icons to all windows (does it  :-\?)

KO Approach will let you set up specific folders and items that can be accessed from the title bar of an Explorer window:

I don't use KO Approach at the moment, but I when I did it was very handy. There are a couple of other useful plugins for use in Explorer as well.

Perry Mowbray:
....and:

Isn't this what Barnacle can achieve?

Earthcoder:
i tried Barnacle  but came up with cant find exe, so tried via autohotkey, and it could not find a rtf file

Curt:
FileBox eXtender will only do it's tricks inside Explorer - in third party windows the only options are On Top and Roll Up.

The Barnacle version that I just have tried wouldn't extract script from exe. (?)

Because you want this feature in third party programs, I would guess it is impossible - though skrommel's Barnacle implies it can be done. My suggestion would be to get a launcher program (study this DC thread) with a auto-hiding toolbar at the edge of the screen. This way the links will never be too far away, though not at hand, but they will always be there.

cmpm:
You could also make a folder with the program shortcuts you want and dock it to the side of your screen.

There should be a title bar folder but there isn't.

Curt's suggestion for launchers is a good one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version