ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

tv_out: a shortcut for quickly turning extended desktop on/off

<< < (4/8) > >>

hero09:
hello!

great little utility, very useful.

i am also seeing a blank dialog box, as described above. may i ask how to disable it

Nevermind, I edited the source to remove the msgbox and recompiled the script.
-glove99 (October 28, 2008, 04:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

thank you!

techidave:
Great utiltiy Nod5!  :Thmbsup:  I have been trying it out the past couple of days and find it is really slick.  :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:  I wish I had seen this when you first posted it, it could have save me a bunch of headaches with some of my non techie teachers and their projectors.

Nod5:
Thanks!
I've uploaded version 090117: it removes the msgbox-bug that glove99 found. No other changes. The msgbox only showed up when using the alwaysturnon=1 .ini option so I missed it before.

techidave:
Nod, is there anyway you can add a keyboard hotkey to this? 

Nod5:
techidave: tv_out is not made to be always running so the current script can't have built in hotkeys. I could add that as an option but it might also be confusing to build in such a "always running" mode. I'll think about it next time I update the script.

In the meantime, here are two quick, external ways to get a hotkey:

1. right click the tv_out icon on the desktop > properties: set up a hotkey. I think that should work, though there are some limitations in what hotkeys that can be used.

2. use a custom autohotkey helper script (save code as somename.ahk, compile (requires autohotkey installed), put in some folder, then add a link to it to your autostart folder) :

--- ---#1::
Run, %A_Desktop%\TV_OUT
returnThe example above uses win + 1 as hotkey. But any hotkey can be used by changing the row "#1::" above, see http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm  for details on hotkeys to use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version