ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

tv_out: a shortcut for quickly turning extended desktop on/off

<< < (8/8)

lxb:
hi there and a big thank you first of all.
i´m here using win7 (build 7600) and having little trouble in using tvout.
obviously the tool (used in default, having cmd line parm "toggle_onoff") assumes the first display to have to be used as primary while the second one is only used for desktop extension.
unfortunately my nvidia ion drivers set the first monitor beeing my projector connected via dvi and my pc monitor via vga beeing the second. this works in win7 when configured as using display 2 beeing the primary monitor ok unless i use the tvout.exe which only toggles the secondary display (which is my "primary" pc monitor) beeing enabled or not but the projector is always set the windows primary display from the first launch of tvout on ;-(
additionally i was unable to find the command line parms possible...
dear nod5, could u please help? , probably you could extend the tool via cmdline parameters:
-set which display has to be the first, which the extended
-set enable extended desktop / clone display
many many thanks to you and your helping hands ;-)
cheers, LX

Nod5:
Hi lxb and welcome to DC! I don't have win 7 so I can't run tests on that OS.

Try if this works (it presupposes that you have autohotkey installed): open tv_out.ahk in a texteditor, on line 14 & 20 change from "DISPLAY2" to "DISPLAY1". Then save and run tv_out.ahk to generate a desktop icon, test if doubleclick on desktop icon toggles the projector on/off. Let me know if that works or not.

I don't know any way to toggle clone mode on/off from AHK, sorry.

lxb:
hi,
thank you for your quick response!
unfortunately this didn´t change anything at all - strange?
but i saw some discussion on the AHK forum.
i will try and play a little around and keep u updated.
thanks, LX

Nod5:
Did you doublecheck that the desktop icon pointed to the new tv_out.ahk that you edited (and not to the old default version)?  :tellme: If that wasn't it then I don't know what to do. Because when I change the code to DISPLAY1 as described above then I get the desired result on my Win XP machine. I'm sorry to say that I don't have time to look for other solutions for this at the moment either, but let me know if you find a solution on your own and then I'll add it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version