ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Home Network Recommendations?

<< < (6/9) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Looking at the products I thought the 207 looked pretty good value for money - don't forget though you need to buy the hard drives too!

Perry Mowbray:
I recently purchased the +207 and put 2x 1Tb drives in RAID1.

I was really happy with it, still am really except that the manufactures have it because it kept losing the RAID1 sync after a power down and power up.

But apart from that, it has a stack of nice features at an extremely reasonable price. I've also got to say now that the service is good too: organized for the UPS couriers to come and pick the device up and take it back to Taiwan so they can check out the syncing issue.

Firmware upgrades seem to be quite regular as well.

Carol: the eSata port is for a HD to use for backup, expansion, etc. as can the USB ports. I have not got to try that yet, but I do have an external USB HD waiting.

Carol Haynes:
Thanks Perry - that is helpful.

Perry Mowbray:
I was really happy with it, still am really except that the manufactures have it because it kept losing the RAID1 sync after a power down and power up.
-Perry Mowbray (April 17, 2008, 05:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
Just to follow up on this (because I'm pretty impressed  :D ), Synology just emailed my supplier:
One component of the old DS207+ isn't stable. To compensate your client, we change a new DS207+ and the testing results show this issue is gone.
--- End quote ---

Note: that test was with my HardDrives -- so I know it'll work when I get it back home!

I'm pretty impressed: that's less than a week since it left my front door on it's way to Taiwan, and it's on it's way back home! Isn't that the way life should be?

Carol Haynes:
That is good!

Have you tried using it as a printer server? If not is there any chance you could try it when you get it back and let us know how it works out?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version