ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Output to Farr's memo mode

<< < (3/10) > >>

lanux128:
great work, czechboy! this works quite well. i'm testing this with a tool called CityTime and here is the output. :Thmbsup: btw, the note about the "&&" is an important clue. next, i'll try to make this work with an alias.

Before

After

lanux128:
after some tinkering, i've managed to get this working via alias and it get very interesting now as all cli tools that "displays info and exit" can now be routed this way in a nice Farr memo window. check out the screenshot and thanks again czechboy! 8)

as advised by mouser, i've re-packed czechboy's Console plugin with the citytime files and (exe and alias) so that you only have to unzip into Farr's "Plugins" folder to get it working. btw, for those not wanting download the whole thing, this is the code that triggers the plugin:

--- ---1000>>>citytime>->ct $$1| dosearch cn "%FARRDIR%\Plugins\Console\Citytime\citytime.exe" $$1 &&>+>^ct (.*)
note: CityTime is available here and distribution is subjected to the following terms.

edit: duh! forgot to attach the file. but mouser had kindly zipped everything nicely. see one post below. :-[

mouser:
Some hints on how to package an alias to work with a plugin like czechboy's Console plugin:

* Console plugin should be left alone in its plugin directory of itself, you shouldn't pack it in with your alias, that could lead to multiple copies of the plugin installed in FARR which is not good.
* Your zip should just contain your .alias file(s) and any helper exes (in this example citytime.exe), and an optional Aliasname.ico file if you want a custom icon displayed with your alias.
* To refer from your alias to a file or exe program inside your alias' directory, use %ALIASDIR%
* Instruct the user to unpack your alias subdirectory into the FARR AliasGroups/MyCustom directory, and then restart FARR.

mouser:
Here's the citytime alias pack, including the citytime.exe with install instructions:

Note to alias writers who might want to use this alias pack as a template for their console-based aliases: This alias, as designed by lanux, uses the "dosearch" functionality, which results in an immediate execution of the console program with every character you type.  Works well in this case but if you are going to shell out to a command that takes a while to run, you would want to use the Console plugin differently.  You can use "restartsearch" keyword instead of the "dosearch" keyword to have it ONLY run the console plugin+exe when the user hits enter.

mouser:
By the way.. this is long overdue:

czechboy, thank you for another awesome javascript plugin -- this Console plugin is INCREDIBLY useful, and i'm sure in time a lot of people will find ways to use it to create some cool alias packs  :up: :up: :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version