ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Feature Suggestion: Limit CPU usage

(1/2) > >>

rasmnick:
I like the interface and config of ProcessTamer, but just changing the priority doesn't cut it for a stupid program that I have to use at work that was written like a DOS program in windows. It takes 100% CPU usage to sit around and wait to read a sample from the serial port. Battle Encoder Shirase limits the CPU usage, but the interface doesn't allow for more than 3 programs to limit, or a way to watch more than one program. I also have found PsSuspend, but it won't limit a process, just suspend or re-enable.

Thanks,
    -Nick

kartal:
have you tried process lasso?

rasmnick:
Thats interesting, but all it does that ProcessTamer doesn't is to set the affinity.
-Nick

kartal:
Yep I use process lasso. I like tamer it is on my laptops but on my workhorse machine I use process lasso because I do alot of rendering and computational stuff.

Shades:
Well, I just saw that only a few days ago a new version (v3.22) was made available and that it is still free for home/personal use...

And I agree with Kartal, this piece of software is worth it's weight in gold  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version