ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > General Review Discussion

In praise of opinionated reviews

<< < (2/2)

tranglos:
Here's a thought. Why not — once a year — consider highly opinionated reviews?
-zridling (April 08, 2008, 11:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

How about opinionated critical reviews?

I've refrained from posting reviews a few times, since what I'm good at is fault-finding, and I can berate software to no end, including some DC favorites, which I think suffer from major, major flaws (hello UltraEdit, hello PowerGrep you awful, misshapen critters...) If a piece of software deserves a good dressing down, I can deliver that in spades :)

As for fanboyish reviews, I don't think I've been sufficiently awed by any new program in a long time. Other than Total Commander, which is pure perfection of course!

f0dder:
As for fanboyish reviews, I don't think I've been sufficiently awed by any new program in a long time. Other than Total Commander, which is pure perfection of course!-tranglos (November 24, 2008, 12:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
Why on earth use TC when there's xplorer2? :P :P :P

superboyac:
If this is simply in the name of fun, I'm all for it.  Would I be able to irrationally praise and bash certain software?  I would kind of enjoy that, in a sick way.

tinjaw:
This thread was mentioned in another here on DC. I thought I would resurrect it to add...

I'll go cross-post this over there... but you haven't seen opinionated reviews until you have watched Zero Punctuation

I won't give you any hints. Just don't watch while you are drinking anything unless you have one of those plastic covers on your keyboard and a splash guard on your monitor.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version