ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Do you collect anything?

(1/18) > >>

zridling:
I suppose you can collect almost anything. And your passion? (If you don't collect anything, I admire you!)

allen:
I do not collect anything in a dedicated/meaningful manner--there are some things I'm less inclined to have self-control in purchasing -- but it's more impulsive than collective.  For example, I love lighters -- and purchase far more of them than I need/can use. The end up used, lost or broken 90% of the time, however. I have no central repository for them.

I love hats and sort of collect them, but in a more utilitarian manner.  They can be costly and I'm not willing to go broke so I only purchase a handful a year -- A Fedora every six to twenty-four months, a ballcap every now and then.  Again, though, not really collecting as I use rather than present them.  It's not collecting if you're not hoarding and protecting, is it?

The closest thing I have to a collection is liquor bottle tops -- which isn't a collection based on uniquenes but on archival.  When I finish a bottle of liquor, I keep the lid.  Not surprisingly, it's a pile of very-similar bits of plastic, as I tend to drink always the same three or four things with only the occasional variation.  I've been hoarding them for about four years -- it wasn't intended as such, but it essentially started around the time I became a father.  So I guess it's a diary of how much he's driven me to drink.

tinjaw:
Apparently I collect ToDo lists. And like a true collector, I keep them in their original form. Nothing is checked off. I insure that I don't actually do anything on these lists so I am not forced to damage this collection by scratching something out. My collection is quite large and it is spread throughout my home and office cubicle.

f0dder:
I collect software and broken relationships :)

Do you collect anything?

mouser:
I am a recovering book collector.. expensive habit  >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version