ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

Get Filepath

(1/2) > >>

lanux128:
this is a small program written in AHK to get the file-path of the file parsed at command-line. the story behind this: whenever i'm viewing a document/image, sometimes i'd need the file-name or path. and for that purpose, this can be used where you can assign this program as an "external tool" and use the hot-key/menu to access this item. if it was a legitimate file then a tooltip will appear saying file-path is copied. if there is any improvements that can be made, feel free to download the source and modify.

IrfanView as an example

Edit1: added a small usage demo. btw, the tray-tip couldn't be captured, so i'm pointing at nothing in the tray area (where the icon briefly appears). ;)

• http://lanux128.dcmembers.com/misc/Using_Get_Filepath_with_IrfanView.swf

Edit2: fixed the demo link.

wr975:
Another way to get the filepath:

http://home.worldonline.dk/ninotech/freeutil.htm#pathcopy

justice:
Nice work Lanux be sure to add a shorcut to GetFilePath.exe to your SendTo folder (start -> run -> sendto OR start -> shell:sendto) for it to be availalble in nearly any application. For some reason the traytip is not showing for me on vista (but there's no fault in your code so I assume a restart will fix that for me)

I was adding in automatic drive mapping for UNC but got stuck and had to give up. It's easy to detect if the first two characters are \\ and you can run the command "net use * %filepath%" to map to a available drive. However I'm not sure how to retrieve the output of net use, take the 2nd word from the 1st line (which is the drive letter) to form the new filepath string.

Edit: Success! added UNC mapping., the folder in which the file resides is automatically mapped to a driveletter.

lanux128:
justice: thanks for adding the UNC path and for traytip, i'm not sure why it doesn't show-up (no Vista here) but try changing the 'sleep' time. :)

Armando:
Thanks lanux.

(I use farr a lot to quickly get full path to files, links, etc. (ctrl+c on the selected item) )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version