ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

HowTo EASILY create image backup?

<< < (6/10) > >>

tomos:
Here's the link: Bart's Preinstalled Environment (BartPE) bootable live windows CD/DVD.
-yksyks (April 14, 2008, 07:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think the UBCD4WIN is a lot easier to make and as far as I know it comes with DriveImage XML "pre-installed"
http://www.ubcd4win.com/

edit/ mind you it was a couple of yrs ago i tried bartpe and only end of last year I made the other

Armando:
RSJ HD Image seems like a good solution to me... if it works well.

Curt:
SORRY!! - I can't believe I totally forgot to tell that my CD/DVD drive doesn't work at all, otherwise I would have used my UBCD4WIN or BartPE... I am actually re-considering if I should purchase and use the DriveSnapshot all the same, because the site offers a gratis file that will make some USB sticks bootable!  :up:

---

Thanks to Darwin I have Paragon, but something went totally wrong when I used it. At the end of the backup it demanded that I should hit SAVE more than a hundred times, once for each file. I have yet no idea of what I did wrong in the settings. I lost my temper and aborted the endless procedure. It took 4 restarts, and a enlargement of the size of the page file, to get XP back to normal.

---
I have watched GAOTD for a year, but only now am I looking for backup > USB-Drive programs.

MerleOne:
3/ Look for a free version of Acronis True Image 8, you should be able to find a old link still active corresponding to a special offer.  Maybe this link can even be found somewhere in DonationCoder forum.  Not sure where I got it from.
-MerleOne (April 14, 2008, 07:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ahem, I think I was mistaken, actually it was Acronis True Image 7 that was offered back in 2006 but it seems the promotion code is now cancelled.  Sorry !  You could try RSJ HD Image which is free for personal use.

I also found another payware solution : http://www.drive-image.com/.  Didn't try it yet !

And lastly : there is an excellent solution, Image for Windows V2, cheaper (I think) than Drive Snapshot, runs from Windows, or Floppy, or USB key or CD.  I just restored my portable PC with it this evening, I corrupted the system without knowing why, but I had a fresh backup on an external USB HDD.  90mn later, everything was right again.  IFW supports differential images, is somewhat slower than DS, but support is excellent and the product is very reliable.

Link : http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-windows.htm

Curt:
 :-[ I should of course also have told that my PC doesn't support floppy diskettes.

R-Drive Image really looks fine, but .. ehh ... maybe ... hmm... ehh ... I am not sure...

Tomorrow I will purchase a 160 GB USB Hard Drive, in order to create a "RAW Image",
- and then I will read all of this thread again, before finally making up my mind...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version