ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Getting rid of "Google Goo"

<< < (2/2)

sri:
I am using this Greasemonkey userscript to get rid of Google tracking so the search results are clean. The advantage of this over the bookmarklet (if you use Firefox) is that you don’t need to click on the bookmarklet to clean URLs. It works automatically.

Curt:
I am using this Greasemonkey userscript to get rid of Google tracking ...
-sri (October 14, 2009, 10:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

- to my understanding this script is for google.com only? I believe Google default is any local "domain", giving different surnames all over the world - around here: .dk

tomos:
I am using this Greasemonkey userscript to get rid of Google tracking ...
-sri (October 14, 2009, 10:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

- to my understanding this script is for google.com only? I believe Google default is any local "domain", giving different surnames all over the world - around here: .dk
-Curt (October 19, 2009, 01:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

I notice sometimes that google.com redirects to wherever you are (.dk .de .ie etc) and sometimes it doesnt - not sure does this depend on settings or have they changed the 'procedure'.
Can be challenging if you dont speak the local language...

sri:
One can easily any other domains to the list of sites on which that (or any other) greasemonkey script should run.

For example since my search defaults to google.co.in, I have added it in the list like so:

To get to the above window, right click on the greasemonkey icon in status bar and select 'Manage user scripts'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version