ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Mikogo: share screen or access remote PC

<< < (5/9) > >>

yksyks:
In fact I'm using LogMeIn for exactly the same purpose (helping my friends and relatives), which is an absolutely perfect and rock stable application and also for free, but this is more appropriate for people you're helping regularly, as they don't have to move a finger. I'm looking forward to this Skype Mikogo Extra for "one-shot cases", because it seems to be simpler to install on the remote side.

Armando:
LogMeIn seems nice too. Thanks yksyks.

Carol Haynes:
If you do a forum search on LogMeIn you will find quite a few threads mentioning it over the last 3 years.

Steffen_Mikogo:
Thanks, Steffen. That was what I expected. For technical reasons I'm not going to downgrade my Skype installation, I'll wait for your solution instead. Fortunately, someone already posted the mentioned link on the Skype Extras site.
-yksyks (May 05, 2008, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not a problem yksyks. Unfortunately it was just bad timing for us with the new release so soon after we released our Extra. Our developers are working on the solution. I'll inform you when a solution is found. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Thanks Curt (and Stephen). I'll have a look at mikogo -- like mrainey I need something like that to help my parents...
-Armando (May 05, 2008, 11:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Armando, great to hear that you're enjoying Mikogo. Like you and mrainey, there are many people using it to help their parents  :) I also use Mikogo every now and then for the same reason. But now my Dad is so familiar with it, he's actually using it to help clients! I think that's really cool.

Been trying this and think it is a great app. Well done Steffen
-Carol Haynes (May 05, 2008, 12:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks Carol. We do our best, and we're really pleased with the positive feedback we've been receiving.

used this today to help a friend out.

crossloop failed to work with his machine so mikago gets a big  :Thmbsup: from me now.
-nudone (May 05, 2008, 02:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi nudone, thanks for the thumbs up! Great to hear you're enjoying Mikogo

Till next time everyone,
Steffen

yksyks:
Mikogo says the problem is solved, but:

Well, I thought it's too simple to be true...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version