ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How many people work from home?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Crush:
At this moment I´m working 2 days at home ... sometimes fulltime for several months.

Perry Mowbray:
Don't work from home at the moment, but spent well over a decade working in my own Design business. I miss it, but I also enjoy the communal aspect of working in a larger company.

iphigenie:
I don't work from home at the moment, work for an employer.

I worked from home for over a year around 2002-2003 but not alone - me and 7 people worked from my home for a year when we were setting up our web business.

Then I worked from home again for about 8 months in 2006-2007 (around then is when i found DC looking for "thrifty" software since i had less income), after I got manoeuvered out of the business created above. A dark time for me and yet probably good for my sanity.

One thing I found out is that I dont work well in a vacuum, need people to bounce off. So I would need a home large enough that others can use it for their office too, like a freelance commune, or a good virtual community to keep myself on track...

app103:
I have been working from home doing something or other (or multiple things) for the last 20+ years. Some things managed to generate an income (very small, though)...but most things didn't.

I am currently in the process of 'building my empire'. The one that will generate an income while I am asleep. Currently, it isn't making enough to live on, or even support my tea drinking habit, but it's making more than it ever has before, and I consider that moving in the right direction.  :)

My goal is $2000/month (this is a very magical life changing amount for me)
I am currently averaging $25/month

I still have a long way to go and a lot of work to do, but some day I will get there.

Renegade:
I currently work for myself at home and am very happy with it. (As of the end of March.)

Only click if you're interested in the cocky answerI've made more money in a day than some people make in a month. More in a month than some people make in a year. I've also lost more money in a day than a lot of people make in a decade. (Yeah -- that hurt!)

But I'm back to making not a lot of money, but quite happy doing it. I work, snooze, work, eat, work, snooze. But I get a lot done.

Tomorrow I'll wake up and get back to work for myself and be very happy with it. I may take a job later on, but it will only be because it interests me.

I am again a "gun for hire" though. But fortunately, I can pick who I work for.

And I really like working from home! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version