ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Linspire Inc. (Rant) [Explicit Language]

<< < (3/4) > >>

allen:
it might be a good idea next time you receive an email to look through the full headers to check if they are sending it to the address you think they are.
-iphigenie (April 05, 2008, 12:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

I know e-mail headers. I combed through them to make sure I wasn't making an ass of myself. It was going to the e-mail address I "thought" it was. And no, I didn't "wait" three years. I waited three years to bring the discussion here, it has been an ongoing battle with them for three years.

brotherS:
I also suggest you use iphigenie's idea.

Getting all worked up around this only harms your health. I'm - since last year - trying to get company A to send me invoices for their services. They auto-collect the money just fine, they suddenly just weren't sending me any more invoices (with the details of what was billed). Company B failed to send me the promised adapter (whch wasn't delivered with the original shipping), which left me with a piece of hardware I can't put to use. It's seems to be a special kind of adapter because I couldn't get the right one myself.

I contacted both companies several times, but to no avail so far. Do I like the result? No. Do I get angry and does it reduce my happiness? No. Life happens.

allen:
Still receiving messages from them. [sigh]

Tekzel:
Still receiving messages from them. [sigh]
-allen (April 25, 2008, 12:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Allen, no sense in getting worked up about it man, just set up a server side delete filter in whatever your email client is and be done.  I understand it is a principal of the thing, thing... but it isn't worth your frustration.  Or maybe it is for you, certainly wouldn't be fore me.

allen:
I'm not frustrated . . . quite the opposite.  I've become so certain they're incapable of removing them from the list, I'd be disappointed if they actually did what I wanted them to do.  Their failure is reaffirmation of their incompetence.

Some evening when I have the time, and some strong drink, I'll go back into battle with them.  What I really want to do is drunk dial Michael Robertson.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version