ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: middle click on desktop to get quick launch or 'start menu'

<< < (5/6) > >>

bob99:
Very well could be why I haven't been able to find anything. The system tray is designed to stay where it is and as it is. Thanks for trying.  :)

MilesAhead:
Tray and Taskbar are touchy. On one of the AutoIt or AHK forums a person running games in full screen mode wanted to be able to tell if the Taskbar was showing. The solution ended up being this involuted deal where the function got the position of all windows and checked the z order to see if Taskbar was on top and inside the screen res. MS seems to change how you deal with Taskbar on every release. Sometimes it hides it by moving it off screen. The only sane way I've found is just stipulate AutoHide must be disabled. I tried hooking into system settings change. Works for screen res change but it seems useless for Taskbar settings change. It's pretty difficult.

MilesAhead:
On this subject I'm wondering if anyone tried Vista Start Menu freeware. I know it can be set to open on the right hand side. I used it for awhile. But I never tried to move it dynamically using code. Might be possible.

skwire:
Sorry, doesn't look like I am able to do that. I can hook the tray and move it once, then my system get's unstable.  :( Sorry about that. Maybe someone else will have better luck.-c.gingerich (April 12, 2012, 03:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Doubtful.  As MilesAhead mentioned, working with the tray is extremely touchy.  Basically, to do it right, you have to load BEFORE any icons get populated into the tray in order to capture them all.  Some icons do periodic refreshing and, thus, will populate even if you hook after they've been created.  Now, after all this, it's still touch and go to get the icon handling right.

bob99, one thing you might consider is an old utility by AM Productions called Tray Module.  I used to use it for various things back in the day.  The site is no longer, but you can still get the utility via the Wayback Machine here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20050308111319/http://am-productions.yi.org/getprod.php?pcode=TrayModule

It's a tiny, portable app that will give you a free-floating systray.  Now, as I mentioned before, to capture tray icons properly, you should try to get this loaded as soon as you can on system startup.  You could try using a simple shortcut in your Startup group and see what icons it captures after a reboot.  Maybe it will capture the ones you'd like to deal with.  Worth a try, anyway.  =]

Also, there are a few other really neat utilities on that site...

MilesAhead:
Not to pimp my own software, but one way you can try to load this utility before items in the tray, is use RunIt to run via the Registry setting. Also you can delay loading apps that use icons in the Tray by adding them with DelayedCuts.  Both may be downloaded from this page:

http://www.favessoft.com/downloads.html

I use DelayedCuts to load most of my Tray Apps that sit waiting for a hotkey press.
The DelayedLoad program that actually launches the apps on logon shows a slide-up dialog as it loads each delayed program. The dialog may be disabled via the .ini file setting. Just set UseToast to 0 or False. In that case it will show a tooltip with countdown to the next program load when you hover the mouse on its tray icon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version