ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anyone know of a Postal Mail Checker?

<< < (4/4)

mouser:
i wonder if you couldn't use one of the programs like website watcher to enter urls for your packages and then it will alert you when the status changes (that would give you minimize to tray,etc.)

moerl:
I'm sure you could. I still find WSW hard to use and not very intuitive. I could never really get into it. The interface and the preferences are killing me.

dajo:
I've used Website Watcher in just the way Mouser suggested and it works great.  You can even set it up to check every few minutes automatically and email you when the page changes.

WSW does have a lot of options and features but you can still get a lot out of it without using them all.

There are also a few other sites that will monitor pages for you, like WSW:
http://delicious.com/search/?all=monitor+page+changes

moerl:
I've used Website Watcher in just the way Mouser suggested and it works great.
-dajo (November 10, 2005, 06:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

And just HOW is that? :) I need to see that.

I get frustrated when there are too many things in an application that I don't understand, as is the case with WSW. For example.. I'm really confused by those checkboxes at certain places in preferences.. where it seems it would make sense if there was just one checkbox, but instead there are two horizontally next to each other, so I don't know wtf it means if I turn one on and leave the other unchecked, or check both.. or what. It's just confusing and I think it could be vastly improved in terms of usability. But maybe it's just me who doesn't get it.

Thanks for the link

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version