ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

IDEA: Ability to set certain programs/windows to open and close in unison

<< < (5/5)

Armando:
Interesting.

I tried the lazy way... I decided to use the "ReRun" AHK application by skromel (reruns any atart up application that's not running). Unfortunately, I ran into a BSOD. My guess is that rerun tried to rerun some already runing programs (like my firewall : Online Armor) -- and gave me all kinds of errors before finally BSODing.

Anyhow, I'm still trying to find an easy way to stop or pause a bunch of apps while my laptop is on battery power, and (semi manually) restart them all as soon as I replug it. If I don't find anything, I might just try writing a little script with everything that's been proposed in this thread. The problem is of course to close these applications that need to be closed via the system tray (or else... they won't close)... I guess I could also use some kind of safe  AHK  "kill" command directly on the processes -- will  have to do some research.

rjbull:
when AU3 Spy gets focus, you can press the down key to select all text.
-lanux128 (April 10, 2008, 10:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks!  I didn't know that.  DC's a great place for sharing know-how  :)

another good alternative is AHK Window Info 0.9 which is being actively developed by toralf at the AHK forums.

--- End quote ---

Thanks again...  I sometimes use ShoWin or WinScraper, but they don't always work.  The Window Info built into PowerPro also doesn't have a way of saving the data automatically, thought there's a script to do it that I haven't tried.

Fred Nerd:
The only problem with killing the process is that Messenger's tray icon stays visible (until you hover it with your mouse). At least that's what it does on my XP.
--- End quote ---
Common problem with XP, I often end up with tray icons which have to be moused away. Once ended up with 3 network connections when only one was running (and slowly at that :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version