ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Program Closer

<< < (2/7) > >>

mouser:
don't forget to support your favorite skrommel with a donation!

(wait you mean there is only one skrommel??!?!?  how can that be??)

Carol Haynes:
Don't know why but it doesn't work for me ...

I can load TaskManager manually no problem.

When CloseMany tries to open the Task Manager for its own purposes the TaskManager complains and exits ...

If I hit refresh list, same thing

skrommel:
 :o Do you get the same error when using ProcessGuard?

I'm not too fond of the TaskMan solution, and I've made a version using a command line tool, but this involves including an external tool to make the script work. Any objections?

Skrommel

Carol Haynes:
Nope - process guard (version 1.1 is the one I had downloaded) seems to work fine.

I have no objections to external tools.

I have tried closing all open programs, stopped all unnecessary process and services and it still causes the problem.

hurricanedavid:
 :-* cool.  Thanks skrommel!

My Explorer app (2xExplorer) and Konfabulator both have a few instances running quite often.  I can't tell which instance of each program is the one I might want to close.  IOW, I can't tell right now which Konfab entry is the "master" one that would close all the rest. 

Can you think of a way to add something to the program where you could tell the differences among the instances?

Maybe a text box at the top that changes to show more detail on the one you are hovering over?  I don't know what would be best.

Thanks for such a great program!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version