ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Program Closer

<< < (7/7)

Deozaan:
Just a head's up: New member Mikinder came into IRC today and said that AVG (8.0.100) is reporting that this program contains a worm called AutoIT.

I told him that AutoIT is a scripting language, and to my recollection it's what mouser used to batch convert all of Skrommel's AHK scripts to exes using the latest version of AHK. But I thought I should mention it here just in case I was wrong and so it wouldn't surprise anyone if we got more reports of a similar nature.

Oh yeah, and I'd also like confirmation because I'm not absolutely sure I'm right about this. So if someone could verify the file is clean and this is just another false positive, that would be great!

lanux128:
Just a head's up: New member Mikinder came into IRC today and said that AVG (8.0.100) is reporting that this program contains a worm called AutoIT.-Deozaan (May 27, 2008, 07:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes, this is a "false positive" (a fancy substitute for "false alarm" which takes the onus of proving away from AV makers) and this has been discussed before and i would like to add the info i've found on AVG Free/AHK forum regarding how to report a false positive.

Re: False positive for Autohotkey v1.0.46.08
Posted by: rdsok - Moderator (IP Logged)
Date: March 11, 2007 04:51AM

So then you need to submit it to Grisoft then...

If you suspect a file to be a false positive. Test the file at [virusscan.jotti.org] and if it is a false positive, archive (zip, arc, tar etc) the file using a password and email a copy to [email protected] with a brief description as well as the password you used to archive it with.

If it is a false positive , turn off hueristic scanning for the time being. When Grisoft adjusts the virus defintions you can turn it back on.

The help on the forum is only from other AVG Free users so we can't do anything to address it but Grisoft can.-thread
--- End quote ---
Source(s):
• http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/read.php?4,93902
• http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17163

Note: previously posted here: DimSaver being flagged by AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition.

mikinder:
Hi.
Just read (and misplaced the URL) about some others having problems with autoIt - apparently, the false positives (or whatever they are) depend on which version of the script compiler thingy you use. According to what I read, if the newest version is used there isn't supposed to be a problem.
Thot that might help.
m.

sylsodi:
Hi.
Command line options would be great to automate jobs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version