ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

RAPIDSHARE.COM sucks!

<< < (4/6) > >>

Deozaan:
kveldulv: Thanks for that insight into a premium customer's experience.

I never would have thought to pay money for the privilege to download files (beyond what I'm paying my ISP), so it's nice to hear the good experiences from a paying customer for a service like RapidShare.

As a person who has a premium account, you might not know that RapidShare has recently stopped using the captchas. They now just throttle download speeds for free accounts. So the original complaint in this topic is a bit outdated. :)

Grorgy:
i tried to use rapid share once when they had the cats, i was never able to get thru the captcha so gave up, with that as an experience of their service, i am very hesitant to try again, and as for giving them money when i am unable to see if the service works, well no, not me

lanux128:
as Deozaan mentioned, Rapidshare had revamped their website. however non-premium users still have to wait for the 'countdown' and the downloading speed has been capped. imo, now their service is bearable, download speed notwithstanding.

Deozaan:
as Deozaan mentioned, Rapidshare had revamped their website. however non-premium users still have to wait for the 'countdown' and the downloading speed has been capped. imo, now their service is bearable, download speed notwithstanding.
-lanux128 (August 04, 2008, 08:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think the countdown is even there anymore. I can't remember for sure because I don't use Rapidshare very often, but I downloaded a couple files this past week and I don't remember there being a countdown. If I recall correctly, it just tells me I could download really fast if I had a premium account, I click free account, and the download starts.

EDIT: Just used RapidShare today and the countdown is indeed there.

mahesh2k:
Maybe you can use sites like:

Windows Live Skydrive
Mihd.net
esnips.com
4shared.com

and there are many others... :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version