ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

RAPIDSHARE.COM sucks!

<< < (3/6) > >>

wr975:
Believe it or not, but the automated Rapidshare download tools can already handle the new "cats only" captcha... RS needs much stronger captchas. :)

JaneDC:
I don't think you got the right to complain. since you're using their service for FREE. Consider it a TRIAL version.

We don't see posts like "dopus sucks because the trial works only for 60 days" or "total commander sucks since the trial version has a nag screen", do we?

Now, if you're a premium user and the service still "sucks", then I'll be right behind you throwing some tomatoes at them as well. But that's an entirely different story...

tomos:
Believe it or not, but the automated Rapidshare download tools can already handle the new "cats only" captcha... RS needs much stronger captchas. :)-wr975 (April 17, 2008, 02:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

so they get wobbledy

Deozaan:
I don't think you got the right to complain. since you're using their service for FREE. Consider it a TRIAL version.

We don't see posts like "dopus sucks because the trial works only for 60 days" or "total commander sucks since the trial version has a nag screen", do we?
-JaneDC (April 17, 2008, 02:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think this is a good analogy because we do say a trial sucks if it is crippleware, or if they make it very difficult to use the trial version just because you haven't bought the full version yet. The purpose of a trial is to get you to want to buy the product. Not to make you despise it so much you'll never touch anything made by the company again just out of principle.

Imagine if trial software made you type in a nearly impossible to decipher sequence of digits and letters before you could even access any of the features.

Also keep in mind that people who write software actually perform work to try and make a living. The people who run RapidShare are merely providing bandwidth for others to upload and download what is usually pirated data.

Scancode already said in the original post that he doesn't mind waiting a few hours before being able to download more, and that he clearly understands they're trying to get him to purchase a membership. I think someone with that amount of patience should not be rebuked for complaining about difficult to use systems. Nor do you have the authority to enforce your claim that he has no right to complain. I don't know what part of the world you live in, but from the sounds of it, I would hate to even visit it. I value the freedom of speech, even if I don't agree with what is being said.

kveldulv:
Another perspective...
Yes, the CAPTCHA's for free users are horrrible, I can't disagree there.

However, as someone who's been a premium rapidshare customer for 2 years now since a friend referred me there and have absolutely 0 complaints about the service.  It's truly fantastic. I've actually referred 2 friends to them, who've been members ever since.

Rapidshare is EXTREMELY fast, never goes down and "just works".

If I Want to see how fast an internet connection somewhere will work, I just download a 100+ meg file from Rapidshare.

The captcha images you see are as a free user.
You will never ever see these once you've got a premium account.

Do understand, that RS gets abused by 1000's of people every day, and so their captcha's are a response to a growing problem.
In 2006 they were really quite easy, and I"m sure the RS guys would rather concentrate on their business than adding cats to letters via imagemagick :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version