ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MAILSTORE EMAIL ARCHIVER

<< < (2/3) > >>

kartal:
well I first need to open thunderbird download my messages, then open mailstore and import messages. Hmm this is not my kind of work flow. It is a nice piece of software thou.

Dormouse:
I don't see this as a major problem. I know about my recent emails and adding everything to mailstore once a week is not much of an imposition.

Carol Haynes:
You only need to open MailStore and import emails when you want to search them or view archived emails in MailStore. It is pretty easy to press one link and wait 10 seconds before you use MailStore if you want to look at recent mail that way.

Another approach would be to use MailStore as your POP client since you can POP email directly into MailStore and leave it on the server so that you can still take it into Thunderbird if you want to.

MailStore is very nice but it is basically a teaser in its current form to get businesses to buy the server version (which will automatically archive your emails). Hopefully scheduling will be added to the Plus version when it appears.

You could always write a simple AHK script to automate the update process ;)

dspelley:
MailStore Home has a new Version 4 Beta out. A few of the new features are:

* Portable version can be run from USB device
* Up to 6 concurrent archiving profiles (used to be 3)
* Improved email preview
* Virtual folders for saved searches
* Backups to hard drives or USB storage devices
* Export single emails, folders, or entire archive
* Simpler settings panel
I installed and ran it last night. It found my existing archive and imported and updated it with no problems seen so far.

Home version is STILL FREE!

CleverCat:
I've been looking for this to store all my 'funny' e-mails from friends! Nice find... :Thmbsup:

I'll recommend to a friend who just just can't let go of any e-mail she gets! ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version