ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

are email clients sofware a dead industry ?

<< < (4/5) > >>

mouser:
I'm one of those people still living in the past i guess.. I like having control of my files, and I have no intention of switching from a local pc client to web based email.

The one area where web-based email really shines, in my opinion, is when you are traveling.

tomos:
even though I use gmail I still use thunderbird for actually working with my mails

Can you sort your mails by column - by date or by title in gmail ???
search is well and good but if like me you're often unsure exactly what you're looking for :-\

edit/ added emphasis!

iphigenie:
I would buy a good mail client which made it easy to organise mail (and addresses) - and by that I mean not having to create hundreds of folders.

I had 2 licenses of poco and upgraded that a few times, but the imap support has never been up to scratch and I want to use imap

Something combining the simplicity of opera's mail client with tagging and multiple identities and all the usual goodies the good clients come with. Outlook lately has come close but it doesnt have the nice cleverness touches that shareware has to deal with one mailbox where multiple email addresses arrive (thats because it is less common in a corporate environment, i guess, but what of the small business?)

Armando:
Like mouser, tamasd, kartal,  wraith808, mrainey and maybe others, all my mail is downloaded locally. I like having control of my files, and I don't find gmail's search tools more sophisticated than X1 or any other desktop search software for that matter. BTW, it's not because one downloads all emails locally that he/she necessarily spends hours sorting and classifying them.

Shades:
When looking at this thread: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=12851.0   one gets a very nice and extremely helpful tool for (very fast and extensive) searching and archiving email from multiple sources (POP, IMAP etc.).

Life becomes a lot simpler with a software tool like this. Gmail cannot hold a candle against the speed and convenience from this piece of software (if you would ask me ofcourse  ;) ).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version